Sunday 4 December 2011

Real first post

Hi, everybody!

[Hi, Dr. Nick!]

Welcome to my blog. I intend for this to be a place where I can post my thoughts on topics that are of low-to-middling importance, in a general sense. That is, I'll probably avoid talking about any truly pressing issues of the day (global warming, nuclear proliferation, the coming ant uprising), and instead discuss the trivial but interesting (why I love graphs, why Community is so awesome, what my least favourite greek letters are, and why I can't hold a 30 second conversation without mentioning Community). I believe it was Christopher Hitchens who was challenged to write columns on topics suggested by a friend (this being the source of his semi-infamous "Why Women Aren't Funny" article), and that sounds like an intriguing idea to me. So, I'll be soliciting topics in some form or another, at some point or another. And I likely won't accept "Why Women Aren't Funny," in case you were wondering.

Having a certain degree of self-importance, I've had a notion to start a blog for quite some time now. However, it wasn't until my dear sister Emily started up her own blog that I finally decided to sit down and actually do it. Without Em's Fab Blog I might never have gotten around to it. So, Em, I'd like to salute you and your courageous, trailblazing ways. In many ways, you are the true face of heroism.

Picture unrelated

-Halifax Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment